CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

We are blessed. Daniel is home and happy to have been serving in Mexico. He is reading a book on understanding relationships, Positive Personality Profiles, by Robert Rohm. This book addresses personal communication styles. Since Daniel wants to study psychology, this is a good one. I have read it several times over the years and found it beneficial in understanding why people act the way they do. It has helped me understand me better too. It is based on the DISC model.

John is in his 15 year old world. He is a terrific son, a quiet communicator. Right now he is experiencing some angst due to his missing writing notebook. Yes, it has just disappeared into oblivion. We have looked everywhere! In this precious book, he has several chapters of a marvelous story. He has spent hours upon hours writing. He and I make special trips to Borders to have a coffee treat and write. Actually, he is handling the loss better than I. He says, "I guess I'll have to start over." "I remember most of it and I can make it better!"

Maybe I am the one with the angst. It's just that he hasn't always loved writing and I am sad that this passionate effort is missing. Where oh where are you notebook?

And my girls... Amy is meeting her boyfriend's parents tonight. They drove all day to meet her. We meet them on Saturday. We'll see...

Lisa is happily pregnant with her second baby, my first grandson!!! 18 month old Audrey has transitioned into the "twos", just like her mother did!!!!! Lisa is tired at the end of the day. I can hardly wait to go spend a month with them. Coming soon!!!

My children will always be my life, no matter how old they get, or how far away they live. I am blessed.

3 comments:

Sheri

Yes! Hey girl, gotta get you to put titles on these posts. In the new post area, you will see a subject line up thar...just type in your ditty and away you go. :0)
(yes, don't publish this...just another good trial comment run) :0)

Sheri

Hi Leah-I just sent you an award. Right/click copy to your pics, the award icon, then add it to your new post. Just add a link back to me and your ditty. I can help you find a few pals to pass this on to and get it all done.

Go here: http://1of100toscrewreviews.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-am-going-places-award-where-would-i.html

Oh, and we need to change your links/posts colors-too hard to read.

Sheri

Have some bloggie pals I want ya to visit-this post came thru today from Pajama Mama-very fitting and thought you may like it for your special project too-
http://flintriversoapfactory.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-is-that-smell.html

Leslie is such an inspiration-go to her archives on the FIAR co-op

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/LeslieNelsen/

will send more when I can-these will get ya started-esp. Leslie's! :o)

Enjoy-Sheri

Post a Comment